Whether forced into it or making the conscious choice to raise children by themselves, many women alike are finding themselves raising children alone.
So now she’s a single mom.
You may have tried dating a Girl very close to her family. You may have had to explain yourself to an overprotective father or brother, with a shotgun at their hand. You may have tried dating a girl with trust issue, horrible mood swings etc… But nothing, I repeat nothing, can prepare you for the challenge of a single mother.
The usual player/jerk/badboy/nice guy approach will not work. Nor will false compassion, where you feign interest in order to add another notch to your bedpost.
Like what I’ve said before, if you attempt to use a routine from your vaunted repertoire to most single mothers, you will face swift rebuke.
The game you play with other woman may not have the same effect. I have always recommended that men should always be genuine and sincere in their love life but when it comes with a single mother, you should hardcore that chuck of advice on your cerebellum!
The metaphor of man as predator and woman as prey may seem crude but at the end of the day, many believe it.
Maybe because in order to succeed at dating, we have to impress the woman, or conquer her, so that she will eventually choose us as a partner. That entire procedure is not yet removed from the courting scene… on Animal Planet.
The twist is that, everything being equal, women have the power to decide whether the dating light is green or red. Male power is an illusion because it is granted to us by female.
But how much of that biological, primordial theory do you buy? To be honest, I think some of it is logical, but I also believe that a generalization does not do people justice. The crucial point to keep in mind is that if you fall into the category of believer, that you have to wipe the slate clean and adopt a new philosophy if a single mother has captured you attention, or heart. Are you man enough to accept the challenge?
Now let’s cut the story short. Sorry for misleading you to things that runs inside my head. It’s just that I haven’t written a blog for quite some time. Let’s get back to topic shall we?
Yummy mummies are everywhere… You’ve nailed someone on your sight and you need to devise a strategy to foster her trust. Let me save you from agony: Forget the strategy and focus on honesty. Drop the selfish act and think about the line to be crossed.
There is no fooling a single mother. She has been there before and seen your kind. Her defense mechanism may be weak and she could be vulnerable to your advance but the act will wear thin fast. The mere fact that she is a mother is indicative that of the fact that she has experience with men.
There is more to the equation than the two of you. There is a child or children to consider. You need an attitude adjustment before you date a single mother. But first, a dose of reality.
You thought your life was tough? Try being a single mother. Think you have a lot of responsibility to shoulder? Try being a single mother. Try being accountable for another life. Everything sinking in now? But it’s not always cons when it comes to dating a single mom. There’s a lot of good thing about it.
I tried to come up with perks of dating a single mom. If you think I missed anything, I don’t care.
1. A single parent is less likely to waste your time, since they (probably) had to pay for child care or have their ex watch their child(ren) to go on a date with you.
2. Most single parents won’t be pushing for a serious relationship early on, so as to avoid having their child(ren) involved unnecessarily.
3. On the flip side of the last perk, if the single parent you are dating has sole or shared custody, you can safely assume their commitment issues are minimal to nonexistent.
4. Single parents are some of the most patient people out there. They are also – by necessity – some of the most organized.
5. Becoming a parent is an evolutionary process; it changes people. Caring, tenderness, reliability and stability are all traits that, if not held prior to having kids, frequently appear after having children.
5. Single parents just don’t have time for drama. You’ll find few that play games.
6. You know that if a single parent wants to move towards a serious relationship with you, they’ve really vetted the relationship before taking the next step. Once bitten, twice shy lends itself well to this example.
Though there are many pros and cons to dating a single parent, the cons can often be dealt with in a way that will improve the overall situation. I may need to reflect more when it comes to this but for the mean time why don’t you just enjoy the possibility of Dating a Single Mom?🙂As any frazzled single dad or single mom can tell you, raising a child by yourself is no easy feat. From getting the kids out the door in the morning to tucking them in at night, finding a moment for yourself can be nearly impossible to come by.